Most of the gluten-free bread sold in supermarkets is either hard as a rock or full of ingredients that are impossible to pronounce, which usually means they are very bad for you. Here’s a great alternative for a healthy gluten free bread that is full of protein and healthy fats.
To make 1 loaf (about 12 slices):
2 cups almond meal
¾ cup ground flaxseed
½ cup chia seeds
¼ cup crushed cashews
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (to sprinkle on top)
3 organic, pasture-raised eggs
⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180º C or 350º F and lightly oil a loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (except the pumpkin seeds) in a large bowl until they are combined. Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl and slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top and place in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the bread is cooked through. To check if it’s ready, insert a knife or a skewer. If it comes out dry, the bread is ready.
- Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down in the tin.
- Enjoy with smashed avocado and eggs, or your favorite nut butter and sliced fruit.
I hope you enjoy this healthy gluten free bread. Please share your comments below or send me a message here. I’d love to hear from you!