The packaged protein bars you find at supermarkets tend to have tons of sugar and all kinds of ingredients that we don’t even know what they are. This is why I prefer to make my own bars, using only REAL food. Here is the recipe for healthy vegan chocolate protein bars.
GF DF VG
To make 12 small bars:
½ good-quality vegan protein powder (preferably chocolate flavor)
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup hemp seeds
⅓ cup coconut powder (dessicated coconut)
2 heaped tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
60 grams 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
6 dates, pitted and warm water for 10 minutes
1 large ripe banana
2 heaped tbsp almond butter
3 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180º C or 350º F and line a tin with baking paper.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Drain the dates and add them to a food processor (or blender) with the rest of the wet ingredients. Blend for a few minutes. Once it is well combined, add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well.
4. Pour the batter into the tin and press down firmly to make sure it binds together. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
5. Allow to cool and then slice into squares.
Hope you enjoy these healthy chocolate protein bars. Write a comment below or send me a message here to let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from you.